Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beware... BEWARE! Pink elephants on Parade!

Yesturday, at about nine o'clock at night, I got into another one of my strange amigurumi moods. I happened across a cute elephant pattern at Lionbrand.com, and decided to try her out.
This is how it turned out:


I ended up doing a couple of alterations to the pattern though. First of all, I didn't like how the trunk just kinda stuck straight out, so I ended up sewing that downwards. I also decided to add the black flower to the elephant. Also, as you can tell in the next picture, I ended up putting a tail on her.

I couldn't beleive that lionbrand didn't put a tail on their elephant. To me, it adds that finishing touch that it needed.

Overall, I am very happy with how my elephant turned out. I was a bit apprehensive at first because she is bigger then what I am used to making, but I got over that pretty quick. This one I am not going to give away. She has earned her place with some of my other stuffed animals and creations on my bed. :)

No comments: