Saturday, June 28, 2008

Candy and turtles

You know what is awsome? Looking back at all your previous creations and seeing the progress that you have made. I think I have gotten so much better at designing my amigurumis then what I was before. Granted, I am no Ana Paula Rimoli yet, but still, I am very proud of myself.

This past week, I had decided to design two very small items, and they actually turned out pretty cute.
The first I designed was candy. I had just gotten my braces off, and found that I missed having hard candy the most, so I made me some. :)

They were actually really simple to make, I ended up using the Caron Simply Soft yarn, and that made the candy have a cute 'shine' to it. I also added some bows to the ends to give it them that extra touch they needed.



I made the green candy first, but I didn't really like how the wrapper ends had turned out (you can see more photos of my candies on my Flickr account), and so I did a different version with the white. I am planning to make a whole bunch of these and fill up a candy dish with them. I think that would make a cute little center piece for a table. Don't you think?

Finally, last night, I decided to make another turtle. I think that out of all the turtles I have created, this one is my favorite.

I was really lucky to have the butterfly applique that is on her body. I had found 3 them floating around in our craft shed, and so I decided to use one on her. Unfortunatly, I don't think they sell these anymore, or if they do... I wouldn't know where... my mom apparently got them when I was in Pre-school.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

love your amigurumi! the turtle is so cute! the candy looks yummy! :]

~CraftyMummy2two~ said...

love your work:) the candy's are supper cute!!