Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Teddy Bear Connection

I have found out today that taking my clients to the mall is not a good thing to do. They spazz out!
It would have been nice if when we got there, the Teddy Bear Connection Store was a bit more organized. I understand that it is a small space, but they expected my clients to sit down and color while three went up at a time to make their Teddy Bears. This would have worked all nice and well if it were a normal group of kids... but we don't have a normal group of kids. The next thing we know, one kid is throwing a tantrum, another is throwing a crayon box, while another is slapping another client.
Needless to say, that trip wore all us staff members out... maybe a little too much! As I have also found out today, driving with a tired person is also like driving with a drunk person. I cannot tell you how many times we swerved off the rode. I was so thankful that we arived safe and sound, back at the community center.
Anyways, on a sad note, tomarrow is one of our staff member's last day at work. She is going to be moving to Colorado. :(
We are all going to miss her a lot. She is the one to takes care of one of our clients in a wheel chair, and she is so patient with him and so compassionate, that it is going to be hard to fill in her place when she leaves. I really wish she didn't have to leave, but that isn't my say, now is it?
I have decided, however, that since she is leaving, I shall make her a goodbye present, and so I made her a cute yellow and orange teddybear.


I had a lot of fun making this little gal, and I really like the colors. I found the pattern in my Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Amigurumi book, and was actually suprised that it came out as well as it did. (my last couple of amigurumis that I tried from that book, I didn't quite like how they turned out)

Anyways, I did add the two bows on the ears as an extra little something, and I have to say, I am glad that I did. They really made the bear extra cute. :)

I am actually thinking of making some more of these cute little gals for my aunts. One of them is comeing down to visit soon, and I think this would make a cute little present for her... that is if I don't find something cuter before she visits. :D

No comments: