Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mall Rats, and fish, and Carnies oh my!

Yesturday was a very eventful day, and I am almost dissapointed at myself for not thinking to bring a camera along with me... almost.

My day started out by going to hang out with Jenn while her husband went to a Nascar thingy-ma-bob up in Pheonix. Poor Jenn was stuck all alone with both Millie and Melani all by herself, so I decided to keep her company. Besides that, Jenn had made an appointment that day for getting her hair done and needed someone to keep an eye on the monkies while she got it done.
Jenns hair appointment was at the mall, and so, while she was doing that (and consequently Jenny getting her eyebrows done as well) Millie, Melani, and I went over to the kiddie play area to wait for them. Jenn's appointment took Waay longer then what was expected, so I ended up staying in the kiddy play area for about an hour before we got bored of it, and so off we went to poke around the stores. Of course, one should know not to leave me alone with two little girls in a mall... I end up buying them things. I bought both Melani and Millie cute plastic Tiaras. They looked absolutly adorable in them, and so I couldn't resist. Jenn claims that I spoil the kids.. but oh well.

So finally, after the mall we all decided to go to the cove and swim for a little while. That was Oober loads of fun.. Millie was a joy to go swimming with. We raced down the tube slides... unfortunatly, one was longer then the other, so I kept on loosing to her.
Melani was a bit scared of the water at first, but after we went into the warm pool, she was fine, and even flirted with the life guard.

When we were leaving the Cove, we decided to check out the carnival that was in the park. It was ok... full of Oober expensive things, which of course Millie wanted to do. We didn't go on any rides, but we did end up letting Millie make a sand creation at one of the booths (believe it or not, that was the least expensive thing for us to do!)

To end our day, we all went back to Jenn's house and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks.

3 comments:

Deserttrumpet said...

"Oober" I believe I have never seen that word before. You seem to use it in near excess. What a frightfully, exciting expression. What new words will I discover in you posts? I do not know, but they are sure to be unique.

Hey, you're not the only one who can spoil kids. I recently gave my really old digital camera to my neice. She is becoming quite the photographer!

Cindy said...

Oober is an awsome word.

Actually, we were just talking about my weird vocabullary and annunciation today in Youth. Apparently I spell Awsome wrong, and say accept really weird. But that is one of my quirkyness that everybody loves about me.

Deserttrumpet said...

Add "Quirkyness" *spelled Quirkiness BTW* to that list of unique vocab.

Other good words:
Plethora
Obstinate
Capitulate
Facetious
Drat
Indeed (If used properly you can sound very smart)