Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rosie the Hedgehog

So, today, after math class, I got into my usual amigurumi making mood. The only problem with my mood was I didn't know what to make. I went over to my favorite site that has a bajillion links to patterns for Amigurumi and other things, but nothing really struck my fancy.

As I was going through the endless patterns that were posted, I thought to myself, why can't I make my own amigurumi? I mean, how hard can that be? Turns out... it ain't that hard at all! But I am getting ahead of myself. I then turned to the image section of Google, and found this adorable picture of a hedgehog:


Isn't he adorable? I thought so, and so I decided that he would be my inspiration. Now, the next problem I ran into was my color choice of my yarn. I am only using my scrap yarn, and lets face it, I don't have that great a selection of colors for my scrap yarn, and so I picked the closest colors I could for my Hedghog, which were, unfortunatly yellow for the body, and a dark brown for the spiky fur. I wish I had a peppery kind of yarn for the fur, but that is ok.

Now, where to start? I decided to start with the nose, which was a pain in the butt! It was so tiny! It was, however, worth the pain, and I soon was finished with the nose, and then the entire body. What I didn't know what to do was with the fur. I thought at first to latch hook it on, but I learned my lesson with a snowman to never do that (don't ask), and so, I went sniffing around for other ideas. What I found was what another person did for their hedgehog. They had made two pompom's and sewed them onto the body (check out Warmfuzzies blog for the picture and the pattern for their hedgehog). This was a fantastic idea! And so, two pompoms later, I came out with Rosie, my cute little hedgehog:



She is really cute isn't she? I really am quite proud of her, She is of course a Cindy Origional, which by the way, there will be more Cindy origionals coming along in the near future. These guys are way more fun to make then following a pattern!



No comments: